The Birthplace of Simón Bolívar (Spanish: Casa Natal del Libertador Simón Bolívar) is a seventeenth-century house in the Venezuelan capital city Caracas where the hero of Venezuelan and Latin American independence, Simón Bolívar, was born. Now a significant tourist attraction, the building is located in a little street off the Plaza San Jacinto, a block east of the Plaza Bolívar. It is one of only a few houses from the colonial era which survive in central Caracas. One of the adjacent buildings serves as a Bolivarian museum (museo bolivariano). The birthplace and museum together present memorabilia connected with Bolivar and the Venezuelan War of Independence, along with weapons and furniture of that period.
The Science Museum is a museum of the city of Caracas , Venezuela , is located in the Plaza Museums, main entrance to Parque Los Caobos in Fine Arts, in what is known as the cultural circuit of the city. It has assets under custody of more than 150,000 pieces and copies that make up its collections, among which the taxidermy, animal fossils from the archaeological and paleontological site Taimataima (Falcon state), a wide variety of Venezuelan and African ethnographic pieces, among many other treasures. It offers the public who visit exhibitions presenting its headquarters building, as well as various services such as counseling, guided tours, audiovisual programs, meetings with specialists, etc.
The Museum of Fine Arts (Spanish: Museo de Bellas Artes or MBA) is an Venezuelan art museum in Caracas. The museum was founded in 1917, and was originally housed in the building now known as the Palacio de las Academias. Its current buildings were both designed by architect Carlos Raúl Villanueva, a 1930s neoclassical structure and a 1970sbrutalist structure. In the 1970s the Museum moved out of the neoclassical building to provide a home for the newly established National Art Gallery. It has reoccupied this space since the inauguration of a new building for the National Art Gallery in 2009.
The Museum of Contemporary Art in Caracas (MACC) is an art museum located in the Lecuna level Parque Central inCaracas . It was founded on August 30, 1973 by journalist and promoter of art, Sofia Imber (Director between 1973 and 2001).It opened to the public on February 20, 1974. The museum consists of 23,249 square meters distributed in eleven rooms in which are exhibited around 5,000 pieces.Admission is free for permanent and temporary exhibitions.
La Quinta de Anauco serves as physical space for the Museum of Colonial Art in Caracas, exhibits objects and items from the colonial era, making it known to visitors as Venezuelans lived before emancipation dates. This residence, was known as La Casa de Solorzano, was built by Captain Juan Javier Mijares Solorzano in colonial times, specifically between 1796 and 1797 , it was conceived as a country house dedicated to rest amid coffee plantations, various sugar cane and fruit trees. Other historians claim that his first owner was the Captain Juan Sanchez Morgado who was the first ordinary mayor of the city of Santiago de Leon de Caracas and its construction dates back to 1632, as recorded in the minutes of the Cabildo of Caracas on 4th September of that year; and later he passed into the hands of Ana Cebrian and Jacinta of Cardona and so on was changing hands. The Government of Venezuela began its restoration in December 1958 and ended in 1961 . The Museum of Colonial Art, an institution that houses one of the collections most valuable and best preserved colonial art in Venezuela, was founded in1942 by Alfredo Machado Hernandez and moved to the Quinta de Anauco the December of October of 1961 once the restoration of the building. The Museum belongs to the Network of Museums of Venezuela and operates under the direction and care of theVenezuelan Association of Friends of Colonial Art . The National Executive through the National Board of Protection of Historical and Artistic Heritage of the Nation, the colonial house declared National Historical Monument 24 of January of 1978 , according to Official Gazette number 31,412. Between 2001 and 2002 he was made a comprehensive restoration and were incorporated cultural spaces for the enjoyment of Caracas and the residents of San Bernardino. Many visitors have shared great moments in the Teatrito and the Outdoor Amphitheater where cultural and musical groups like the Municipal Symphony Orchestra of Caracas are presented, the Military Band of the Naval Command, the orchestra Billo’s Caracas Boys, C4 Trio, Los Hermanos Naturales , Harps Venezuela, etc.
The headquarters of the Mountain (also known as Military Historical Museum) is a multipurpose building that is located in the Monte Piedad sector in the parish on January 23 of Municipio Libertador , in the Capital District of Caracas , the capital ofVenezuela . This is a completed between structure 1904 and 1906 , between the governments of Cipriano Castro and Juan Vicente Gomez , who serves as the headquarters of the Military History Museum since 1981 , where they display objects of great historical value, and as a mausoleum to former Venezuela ‘s Hugo Chavez since 2013 . In the past also it served as headquarters Military Academy , headquarters of ministries, as well as many other functions. In February of 1992 the building was used as headquarters of the military led by Hugo Chavez against the government of President Carlos Andres Perez , right there gave his speech of surrender. In 2002 , the now President Chavez made his program “Alo Presidente” in place to commemorate the 10 years of the event. After the death of Chavez in March 2013 , the government of Nicolas Maduro decided to adapt the space to function as a mausoleum and museum where related to the life of the late president objects are exhibited, retaining their status in addition Military Museum. The works were commissioned to Venezuelan architect Fruto Vivas in several rooms, highlighting the monument inaugurated the 15 of March of 2013 known as “The Flower of the Four Elements” (fire, wind, earth and water) where this sarcophagus Hugo Chavez. the place is visited by about 800 people daily, and 2000 on weekends. is open for tours to the public Tuesday to Sunday.
Children’s Museum of Caracas is a museum in Caracas, Venezuela aimed at teaching children about science, technology, culture and arts. It was established by the former first lady of Venezuela, Alicia Pietri de Caldera in 1982.